Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Oh how I love sleep

Bounour a tous!

Sorry I am a bit late, but I had Zone Conference in Bordeaux yesterday! It was an awesome day, and I learned so much. We had a member of the Seventy come, and he had some really awesome insights that are going to make me such a better missionary.

We had a busy week, it all kindof seems like a blur to me. We taught our ami JP again, and he really liked everything that we had to say. He is such an honest, loving man. He came to our first ever english class that was just him and our eternal ami named J who is Jewish, but is married to a member. It was a lot of fun.
One of the highlights of my week was an exchange that I got to do with Elder Roberts, my MTC companion. A lot of it was unfortunately spent riding trains, but it was so good to catch up with him.
Other than that, it was just a lot of regular stuff. It was a good, productive week, and I am happy.

My little thought comes from Matthew chapter 6 verse 21 "For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also"


This came up in my studies, and it really hit me hard. It made me think about all of the things that I "treasure" in my life. A lot of them were really great things such as my Family, my mission, the gospel, friends, etc. But then I also kinda thought of some of the things that I treasure that maybe I shouldnt. One of these things for me is sleep. Oh how I love sleep. It is sometimes the best part of the day. But I came to the realization that when I treasure these kinds of things, that is where my heart is. And that is not where it needs to be. I want to invite you all to think of the "treasures" in your lives, and try to treasure the good things in life.

I love you all, and hope that all goes well.

Elder Duckworth

No comments:

Post a Comment