Saturday, March 1, 2014

Joyeux Noel Everybody!

Sent 12/23/2013

Joyeux Noel Everybody!


Things are going well here in France! We now kinda sorta have one new ami (investigator) now. Her name is F-- and shes an oldish Muslim woman. We just ran into her on the street one day. We invited her to the English Class the sisters do on thursdays and she came. She is very shy, but she had a good time so we invited her to the branch Christmas party and she came and just had a smile on her face the whole time. I was worried how the ward would treat her because she is muslim, but they were great. They even gave her a ride home. She has comitted to come to church next week.


We spend a lot of hours here trying to track down people from the area book. But seeing as how we havent had elders here in years, we have yet to have any "success". A lot of people werent home, and 2 were dead. But things will pick up soon I just know it. we have had a 100% increase in investigators this week so lets hope the trend continues.


quick thought,

I had to bear my testimony on sunday, and it went well. I said everything I wanted to say in french which was nice. one thing I said was that Even though im away from my family for Christmas, i'm still with my brothers and sisters in the church. I really feel that the church is true everywhere, and the gospel brings everyone together.

Have a good week!

Elder Duckworth

No comments:

Post a Comment