Saturday, March 1, 2014

Serving others has always made me happy

Sent 1/6/2014

Bonjour!


Oh man, what a week!


We started the week with a goal to contact 500 people and we did it! It was hard, and involved a lot of walking, but we did it!


Since this week involved a lot of talking to people, i have a lot of stories. But ill just leave it at there are a lot of creepy people in this city :) we talked to a lot of good people as well. The French people really do have a good heart for the most part.


This week we ate dinner at a Families house which is always really nice. After Dinner, they let us teach them a lesson as if they were a new investigator family. It was the first time I had done this, and even though it was practice, It was really powerful to share the simple truths of the gospel with a family.


I also taugh Elders Quorum this last sunday. Its really hard in french. Good thing the french love to talk so I didnt really have to all that much. But one thing that came up really stuck with me. We were talking about charity. As a missionary, there are times where i have felt very strange, specific statements come to mind that i feel like I need to share. At the end of the lesson, I had one of those experiences. I said in the best french that i could that I know that there will always be trials in our lives, but as a missionary, i promise that if you serve others, you will always be happy.


I guess I would like to make the same promise to all of you guys as well. Trials are just part of life. But I can tell you from personal experience that serving others has always made me happy.


I love you all! have a good week

Elder Duckworth

No comments:

Post a Comment