Saturday, March 1, 2014

Last email from the MTC

Sent 12/2/2013

Bonjour!

This is the last email you'll get from me from the MTC! In a week from today i'll be on a plane headed off to France.

I don't know how P-days will work or anything, but i'll figure it out soon enough.

Thanksgiving was cool here. Russel M Nelson came and spoke and it was really good. We also got to do a service project where we made 350,000 meals for local kids in need, and it was a really cool experience.

I thought alot of what i'm thankful for, and I found I'm really grateful to be a missionary, for my family, for my friends, and the gospel.

Unfortunately, I don't really have any cool stories from here, It gets pretty monotonous at times.

Cool spiritual thought for today:

I believe it's in D&C section 8, but it talks about how when Moses was leading his people out of Egypt, he was really going off of small promptings of the spirit. I had never really thought of that. I wonder what it was like for him just wandering and hoping he was doing the right thing. I find that comforting though, because at times, I feel like i'm kinda "wandering" at times. I do get spiritual promptings at times, especially as a missionary, but I feel like i'm calling a lot of my own shots at times. But that's how the Lord works. If Moses did all that stuff on his own with just small promptings of the spirit, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to make it.

I guess what I hope that you all get out of this, is that it's ok if at times, you feel like you're not receiving a lot of direction. If the Lord isn't telling you anything, that means that he trusts you. We have been given the agency to choose so that we can learn.

anyways, have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment