Saturday, March 1, 2014

Salut!

Sent 2/17/2014

Salut!


Oh what a crazy week it has been!


It started of Monday with us getting on a train for our lesson with the less active family we have been working with. They are such amazing people, and it is really them who teach me. We taught them about the story of David and Goliath, and then worked it into how the Lord doesnt give us things that we cant handle (1 Néphi 3:7) And we got the family to recommence reading the book of mormon together! :)


After that we had to hurry and catch a train to take us to Geneva for exchanges (theres a theme starting here). Tuesday I worked with one of our Zone Leaders, Elder Elvidge. We taught a dominican Lady The plan of salvation, and it was awesome. There were 2 members present, and they made the lesson just amazing. I have such a huge testimony of having members present while teaching! They are a lot less weird than us 20 year old americans in shirts and ties. Geneva is a really cool city, and I met a lot of people from all over the world. I heard 6 different languages used in an hour!


The next day we had a zone conference, and it was all themed on love. Kinda Gushy, i know, but the theme was that "Love is the Key". We talked about how love makes everything happen. And we were challenged to study this and come up with the answer as to how love makes it all happen. I am far from a scriptorian, but the cool little thought that I had was when I read John 3:16, which goes something like "For God so loved the world, that he sent his only begotten Son." This is one of the most well known scriptures in the world, but for some reason it struck me a bit different this time around. It made me think about how much God LOVES us, and thats why we have the Atonement, which Christ did out LOVE for us. And the Atonement makes it so that we can live forever with our Families, people that we LOVE the most, etc...


So from what I have tried to take from this little epiphany, is to try and love others unconditionaly. If love makes everything happen, I need to love others to make stuff happen.


After zone conference we had to run and catch another train to take us to a city called Annemasse for another exhchange. We got to teach these two kids who were baptized this last saturday, and it was awesome. They were only 10 and 14 years old, but I was very impressed by their testimonies, and desire to follow the savior.


After that we took a train back to good ol Annecy, and we got home to find out that the power was out! HAha apparently the office had a mix up with the bills. Its all taken care of dont worry, but for the next little bit we get to live like the pioneers i guess :) oh the fun times that we have as missionaries :)


Anyways I Love you all. Like for reals. And even if that doesn't really mean a lot to you, Our Heavenly Father also loves you, and that means alot.


Have a good week!


Love Elder Duckworth


There is a place in geneva called Holy Cow, and this is me eating the King Kong Carnivore. There are like 5 different meats on this bad boy. They all said I couldnt do it, but I did.





No comments:

Post a Comment