Monday, April 14, 2014

Feeding the 5000

Bonjour!

Sorry I missed last week, but we have been having a great time here in wonderful Limoges!!

Not a whole lot in the way of news has been going on, we are still teaching multiple times a week, which has been really awesome. I love being able to see people progress in the gospel. It is such a privilege for me to be able to be a part of this great work. I feel like I am the luckiest guy in the world to be here.

The highlight of my week was definitely General Conference. There was not a single talk that stood out to me, but that is in large part because of how good every single talk was! I have never been so inspired by Conference, and it really hit me what it means to be a part of Christ's true church. It is a HUGE blessing to have inspired men and women called by God to show us the way. Our job is pretty easy. All we have to do is follow them.

Lately I have been studying a lot about the life of the Savior. I was reading the story about Feeding the 5000, when a specific sentence struck me. When the 5 loaves of bread and 2 fishes were presented to feed the multitude, one of the Apostles said, "What are these among so many?". I think sometimes I feel that way about myself. What am I among so many? How am I supposed to "feed" such a great multitude? Using logic, there is no way that I am enough. But that is where the Savior comes in. With his help, the 5 loaves and 2 fishes were more than enough to feed the multitude. Christ does this with us too. He stretches us, and takes us farther than we ever imagined that we could go. At the end of this miracle, we learn that 7 baskets of food remained, and this shows that when Christ is done with us, there will be much more than what he started with. I know that through Christ, we all can be stretched to do amazing things, and that we will grow so much from what he uses us for.


I love you all so much. Its something that I say often, but I really do mean it.


Have a great week


Elder Duckworth

No comments:

Post a Comment