Monday, April 28, 2014

Forgive one another



Bonjour!


This has been an awesome, rainy week here in Toulouse! Unfortunately, my dear dear companion, Elder Dalton, fell ill this week. He was sick up through Thursday, so unfortunately we were not able to leave the apartment for a lot of the time. I spent a lot of time cleaning out the apartment... and uncovered some really interesting stuff haha. But now I have a testimony about cleanliness and order.


This Saturday, we had the chance to do an exchange with the zone leaders. Due to poor planning, me and Elder Adams (Zone Leader) found ourselves out in short sleeve shirts in the cold rain, and we had a full day of work still ahead of us. We decided to just roll with it, and do our work with a smile. We taught 2 lessons to their amis, and that was really cool. We also had some really good conversations just on the road in the pouring rain. We stopped a young couple, and once they warmed up to us, we had a solid 20 minute conversation in the rain. We testified to these people that there is a God, and that he loves us. We gave them our information, and hopefully we will hear from them in the future. :) Also, My companion while on exchange found 2 families and a young adult to teach all in one day! so this next week I will have some good things to report.


My little thought for this week comes from Matt 6:14
I forgot to bring my bible, but it says basically "if you forgive everybody of their trespasses against you, God will forgive you of yours". It hit me that this is a simple thing that will basically get me into heaven. I thought a lot about the miracle of forgiveness, and how miraculous it is that Christ has made it possible for us to be forgiven, not matter what we have done. In return for this, he just asks that we forgive one another. It's not always easy, but let's all try to be more forgiving this week :)


Love you all,


Elder Duckworth

No comments:

Post a Comment