Monday, December 29, 2014

Snails, frog legs, and duck liver paste. Yummm.

Bonjour!

I am really sorry that I have not been as dilligent in my emails lately! I hope that you will be able to forgive me. 

The last few weeks have been really great for us. We have been working hard, and have seen a lot of really cool things happen. Our amis M and C are both still doing as good as ever. M's baptism is scheduled for this saturday, and we are super happy and excited for her. 

This last week we spent a lot of time at members' houses and eating. I honestly feel like I gained 54 pounds, but miraculously I think I only gained 3-4. On Christmas eve we had a really traditional French dinner complete with snails, frog legs, and duck liver paste. Yummm. I actually liked it. Then On Christmas we slept over at the other Elders' apartment. We opened all of our packages (a big thanks to everyone who sent me something, it really means a lot to me). And then we went over to another members where we ate yet another huge meal. Not much weird stuff this time, but still really good. Then they took us out caroling to all of their neighbors, which was super cool. We try super hard to be let into houses, but then we go caroling with members and we got let in all over the place!!! I guess we found the secret to missionary work haha. It was really cool, and helped us focus on Christ and feel the true Christmas spirit. Then in the evening we went over to another member's house where we had a traditional 'merican meal with a big turkey and stuffing and all that good stuff. I was able to talk to my family which was great. It was such a great day. Yes, it might seem that the day was centered around food, but I tried to really keep my thoughts on the Savior and all that he did for me. It makes me happy to know that we have a heavenly Father who loves us, and sent us His Son, Jesus Christ, who died for us. He was ressurected on the 3rd day, and because of Him and His Atonement, we all have access to eternal life and happiness. 

Well, I love you all so much, Have a great week!

Elder Duckworth

No comments:

Post a Comment