Monday, December 29, 2014

Bonjour à tout le monde!



Originally sent December 8, 2014



Bonjour à tout le monde!


We have had an awesome week here in Grenoble. We were able to meet one of our big goals of teaching 20 Lessons this week, and we were really happy about that. We were also able to teach 9 of those in the presence, which was also another great feat. It is getting pretty cold up here, so the coats and gloves are now broken out. Transfer calls came, and I will be staying yet another transfer here in Grenoble, and I couldn't be happier. There is a lot of great work going on here. Our two amis C and M are progressing super well, and are basically teaching us. I feel really blessed that the Lord has trusted me to work with his elect children. As far as news goes, not much has really changed. We have had a hard time seeing our potential amis, so that side of things is at a standstill but we will be taking steps to get that ball rolling. We are also working a lot with members, especially the recent converts and less actives, trying our best to fortify and unify the ward.


Lately I have been thinking a lot about how I am going to give a Christmas gift to the Savior. He has done so much for me, and I realized that it is harder than I thought to give him things. I cant go mow His lawn, can't bake him cookies, etc. But then I was reading the scriptures I came across the scripture that says when you are in the service of others, you are simply in the service of your God. This really hit me, and I realized that this is what I am going to do for Him this year. I am going to really try and consecrate my efforts this season for helping others. I invite all of you to think of somebody around you, and help them have a good Christmas as a gift to the Savior.


I love you all so much, and hope that you have a great week!


Elder Duckworth

No comments:

Post a Comment