Monday, December 29, 2014

Prayer is an awesome thing, I reccomend it



Originally sent on October 13, 2014


Bonjour à tous!


This was a great week for us here in the beautiful city of Grenoble!


We had a rough week the week before, so we really committed ourselves to find new people to teach. It was great to see how the application of faith really did produce miracles for us. We worked alot, but also we prayed more, and we left things up to the Lord in stead of trying to do everything ourselves. We were able to make significant progress in the amount of lessons we taught, which was great. Things just seemed to work out for us.


We had a ward activity last week which was awesome. It was an Island themed night, and it was a lot of fun. About half of the people who were there weren't members of the church, so it turned into a great missionary opportunity. We were able to meet some cool people, and it was just a good activity for the ward too. Everyone left really happy .


This last week I have been thinking a lot about prayer, and its role in my life. I don't remember where, but somewhere I read something that said "prayer is not trying to change God's will. It is aligning our will with God's" and it really made me thing about my prayers. I realised that prayer is much more than something we do habitually before bed and to bless food. It is a real communication with God. There is no doubt in my mind that when we pray, somebody on the other side hears. And that somebody is our Heavenly Father who loves us. I read that there are blessings that Our heavenly Father is just waiting to give us, and all that we need to do is ask for them. It made me wonder what kinds of things I have been missing out on just because I haven't been praying for them. Prayer is an awesome thing, I reccomend it. If you haven't ever tried it, I stongly urge you to give it a try. If you already have the habit of prayer, I would invite you to continue to do so, and maybe see if there are anyways that you could improve. I can promise that great things will happen.

I love you all. God lives! This Gospel is true! Families are forever!


Elder Duckwroth

No comments:

Post a Comment