Monday, December 29, 2014

Appy zanksgeeveeng!



Originally sent on November 24, 2014



Bonjour!


Things have been going great here in the beautiful city of Grenoble!


We have been able to see the sun which has been really nice. It really makes our work a lot easier. We were able to do a good amount of teaching this week. It has been awesome to see our teaching pool grow, and we are seening a lot of fruits from all of our labors. This last week we have been working a lot with a few of our amis who are progressing really well. One of our amis named M has been progressing super well. She is a student from Italy, and she is super cool. She has been coming to church for a while, and we have been teaching her a lot. She has progressed a lot and this last sunday she chose a date for her baptism! So we will be working super hard, and praying super hard, for the 20th of December.


With Thanksgiving coming up I have naturally been thinking a lot about the things in my life that I am greatful for. For a zone training we wrote down a list of the things that we are most greatful for. While I was thinking I came up with a list something like this. The first thing that I am greatful for is the fact that I have a loving Heavenly Father. He loves me so much, and has prepared a way for me to become like him one day. To do this, he sent his Son, Jesus Christ here to earth. Because of Him, I can take the steps necessary to accept His atonement. It is truly the biggest gift I have ever received. I am also really greatful that his gospel is still here on the earth. The organization of His church, with his Priesthood, is on the earth today and is accessable to everybody.


I am also so greatful for my family. I truly have been born of goodly parents, who have raised me in a loving home and shared the gospel with me from an early age. I have 2 awesome brothers, an awesome sister, and even an awesome sister in law. I have Amazing grandparents who are so loving and have given me such a great example. I am also richly blessed with an awesome extended family. I honestly couldn't ask for more.


I also have been blessed with the greatest friends a guy could ask for. They really have been a huge support in my life.


I am running a bit short on time, so I will have to cut this list a bit short. But I really am the luckiest guy in the world, and I am so greatful.


I love you all so much, and wish you a Appy zanksgeeveeng!


Elder Duckworth

No comments:

Post a Comment