Monday, August 18, 2014

Simple, Yet Powerful



Originally sent June 30, 2014

Bonjour à tous!


This has been a fun, crazy busy week for us here in Toulouse. The sun has been out, and so were we. We had a lot of lessons with new faces this last week. We are making a lot of progress with building our teaching pool, and we are starting to find new people who are ready to progress.


Our equip here has been cursed with vacations. Everytime we find somebody really cool, and they are genuinely interested in our message, they leave. It has been hard to stay patient, but we are doing our best.


We have been able to find some really cool Chinese people as of late, and it has been a pleasure for me to get to know them and help them learn the gospel. My Chinese is still next to nothing, but the cool thing about the gift of toungues is that when we testify of the Savior, the spirit will help is out. I was able to say a very short testimony at the end of a lesson in Chinese, and even though I felt it wasn't much, our ami really appreciated the fact that I spoke her language, and she said she was really touched by what I said.


Over the past few weeks, a lot of my studies have been in the Book of Mormon, especially in scriptures that testify of Christ. I have grown in my knowledge, but more importantly spiritually as well. The things in the scriptures aren't just stories to me. Thanks to a lot of study and prayer, these things become more and more reality to me.


The Gospel is Simple, yet powerful and I have seen first hand how it can change peoples lives. Here in Toulouse we have a recent convert named R. I have been over to his house at least once a week since I got here. He has gone through some awful things in his life with drugs divorce, and illness. when the missionaries found him he was in a dark place, absouloute rock bottom. But he testifies that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is what saved him. He is now a stong member of the church, and does missionary work every day. He has invited everyone he knows to come and learn about the Church. The progress I have seen in him, and the potential that I see in him is a living testimony of the Gospel in action.



I love you all lots, hope you have a great week full of Miracles!
Elder Duckworth

No comments:

Post a Comment