Monday, August 18, 2014

All American Night



Originally sent on August 11, 2014

Bonjour à tous!


This has been a week full of miracles here in Toulouse. The work is finally starting to really pick up here, and we have been blessed to see a lot of people progress. In church we had 12 amis at church. This ward is awesome, and it's been great to really spark them by bringing all of these new people to church.


My highlight of the week was actually an activity that was put on by the missionaries of the other ward. It was an "all american night" complete with hamburgers and root beer. There were over 20 investigators who came...it was incredible. The reason why it was my highlight was I was able to meet D. D is the father of a member of the other ward, but lives in our sector. He came because his son invited him, and I talked to him when I found out he lived in our sector. I got to know him and learned a lot about his life. He got kinda quiet, and then told me that he just recently lost his Wife. It has been a really hard time for him, and he feels alone. He said that this is the reason why he felt like he should approach our church. I was able to assure him that this life isn't the end, and that is wife is still there. It was very simple, but very powerful. The gospel of Jesus Christ and the reality of His Atonement really can change lives.


I love you all, and hope that things are going well for you. I am loving what I'm doing, and wouldn't trade it for anything!


Bonne semaine!
Elder Duckworth

No comments:

Post a Comment