Monday, August 18, 2014

I know He will answer



Originally sent on July 7, 2014

Bonjour!


I am super short on time...sorry, but I'll give you all a quick rundown on how things are going...

First off, we have been teaching a super nice Chinese lady named Y for the past few weeks, and she accepted a baptismal date for July 19th! We will have to move the date because she missed church, but she is progressing, and the Gospel has made such a huge difference in her life! She only speaks Chinese, so my contributions to the lessons are a bit small, but they are a lot of fun, and the spirit isz there.


We got transfer calls and me and Elder Yeung are both staying. We are very excited for all of the fun adventures that await us in these next 6 weeks.


This last week was My birthday, as well as the 4th of July. They were both celebrated by eating obscene amonts of food...so I felt right at home. We were able to do a lot of good work with members this week which was really good.


Really quick story for the week. There is a family of Recent converts in the ward that we get to see a lot, and they are awesome. This last week, J (hes 15) was at a construction site, and somehow slipped and fell and was hurt really badly by some rebar sticking out of the ground. He was with his friends family (also in the ward). His friends mom heard the commotion and came over and saw the scene. She was trying to get everything in order, and she remarked that both of them were surprisingly calm. She suggested that they pray together, and they both responded that they already had. When I heard this, I was very impressed by the fact that two young men, one of them who has only been in the church for about 6 months, thought to pray in the midst of a really serious accident. Even though they had to wait an hour and a half before the ambulance could get him to the hospital, J said he felt comforted, and that it Only felt like 20 minutes. The Lord was with him, and responded to his prayer. May we all follow their example, and turn to the Lord Even in our most hard of times. I know he will answer.


Things are going well here, and I'm loving what I am doing. Thank you all for your love and support. I love you all!


Elder Duckworth

No comments:

Post a Comment