Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Goodbye Toulouse, Hello Grenoble !



Bonjour from the beautiful city of Grenobles!


After 3 awesome transfers in Toulouse, I have now moved on to Grenobles. I was sad to say goodye, I was in Toulouse for 4 1/2 months, and I grew to really love the people there. It is a special city that will always have a place in my heart.


My last week in Toulouse was awesome. Our two Chinese members, D and E came back from vacation, so we talked to them a lot which was fun. We also had a lot of Chinese amis that we were working with too. My head was spinning from all of the Chinese, but it was lots of fun. I tried Jellyfish for the first time in my life...haha and Im still living so thats a good sign :D There is this chinese game called SanGuoSha that I guess is really popular, so I learned how to play that which really impressed the Chinese amis haha. I will really miss working so much with Chinese people. They are so great. I am Super Greatful for the time I was able to work with Elder Yeung and serve a mini Chinese mission :). I feel good with the work we were able to do In Toulouse, and I am excited to see what comes from it. Just last trasfer we found 19 new amis, and have 4 people that have accepted baptismal dates. Its kinda hard not being able to see all the work we did come to frution immediately, but I still feel 100 percent satisfied in the work we were able to do.


Other than that, not really a whole lot to report . I spent all day yesterday on trains which was fun. Im super excited to work here in Grenoble. My companion is named Elder Durant and he's from the exotic land of Lehi Ut. Also, Elder Lehmitz, my old companion, is in the same appartment as me!!!! (be jealous Elder Roberts;)) We have a mission wide goal/baptismal date for the 27 Septembre, which is the last week of the trasfer. I am really excited, and am ready to give it my all these next few weeks and see some miracles happen!


Love you all, Be happy :D


Elder Duckworth


here are some photos. Notice how when they set the table, they all used chopsticks but gave me a fork ... I was so touched haha :)












No comments:

Post a Comment