Monday, August 18, 2014

He will heal all that come unto him



Originally sent on July 14, 2014

Bonjour!


This has been a great week! We didnt have a whole lot of excitement, but we worked hard, and hopefully will start to see our labors come to frution this next week!


I have been studying a lot lately about Healing, and just wanted to share some of my thoughts about that with you this week.

This last week, I had the honor to participate in a priesthood blessing. I thought about how when the priesthood is used, it is as if Christ himself is giving the blessing. It struck me that almost everything that Christ did in his life was centered around healing. In the New Testimant, it is full of stories of Christ healling the sick and afflicted. He even brought the dead back to life. I have reflected a lot on why our healing is so Important to Christ. Then I realized that that is why he came here to the earth. He came to heal us. Not only from physical things, but from spiritual things. In the Garden of Gesthemene, and later again on the cross, Christ suffered all. He went through unimaginable pain so that he can understand what we are going through. Through the Atonement, Christ healed us through our sins, pains, sorrows, and suffering.


I thought a lot about how we can be healed then. If Christ already has healed us, why do we still suffer. In reading my scriptures (sorry i forgot to bring them, so I cant give a citation) I learned that He will heal all that come unto him. His part is already done, all we have to do is come unto him. In the scriptures, when the sick woman touched the robe of Christ and was healed, Christ said that it was her faith that made her whole. And faith is a principle of aciton. If any of you are suffering, I invite you to have faith, and act by turning to the Savior. I know that he can heal us from what ever we are going through.


I love you all, have a great week!


Elder Duckworth

No comments:

Post a Comment