Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Nice was nice



Bonjour!!!


Sorry that its been a while! I will give you all a quick rundown of whats been going on.


This last week as a mission we had the incredible opportunity to go to Nice to hear Elder Anderson speak. It was an amazing experience, and the spirit was there so strong. I really have a newfound appreciation for the restored gospel that we have as members of the church, and all of the blessings that come from that. As an Apostle, Elder Anderson is a special witness of Jesus Christ, and I really believe that to be true. I had the spirit confirm the truthfulness of what he said, especially about Christ. It was a day I'll never be able to forget.


Since the conference, we have had a couple of hiccups in our work. Our amis B and Y, who were both progressing extremely well, decided to go on vacation for a while, which has been really rough on us. We are going to have to refix dates, and hope that they continue to read the scriptures and pray while they're gone. But we are really optimistic about the future.


The weather here is starting to get a bit on the warm side. I am starting to lose a good amount of weight. My clothes are starting to get abit on the baggy side.


Recently we have been working with a young adult named P. He was baptized pretty recently, and has made incredible progress in the gospel. He now holds a stake calling, and we have been going over to his apartment to help him study the gospel from time to time. The last time we were over there, he asked me if I could help him with something. He reaches into his bag and pulls out mission papers!!!!! I knew he wanted to go on a mission, but I had no Idea he was that close to going. It was really exciting, and allowed me to reflect on my descision to serve a mission. I really feel like I lucked out big time. It has been the most rewarding experience


I love you all! Have a great week


Elder Duckworth

No comments:

Post a Comment