Sunday, June 8, 2014

With great spiritual experiences comes great opposition

Bonjour à tous!

This week has been absolutely awesome. Me and Elder Yeung worked really hard, and we were able to see some awesome stuff happen. (Im emailing early because we have a conference in Nice with Elder Anderson on Tuesday!).

We started out the week by teaching our friend Yu. He is from China, and he has come to church 3 times. We were able to have a lesson at a member's home with him this week (always the best) We taught the restoration, and he received it really well. It was a lot of information all at once, but he said that he can really feel something when he prays, attends church, reads The Book of Mormon, ETC. He says that he believes that the gospel is true. At the end of the lesson we invited him to be baptized and he said yes!... but the only problem is that he left on vacation for a whole month so we are going to have to wait... :) (good thing I studied patience haha)

On Wednesday we had a lesson with our ami Benjamin. We found Benjamin street contacting. He was in a hurry, and so we had to talk fast. We asked him some questions, and he said a lot of yes's (no idea how to spell that). We invited him to come to institute and he said yes then walked away. Normally, this means thanks for your time but I'm not interested. We did get his phone number and invited him to come and he said yes again. The night of Institute comes around and he shows up...with a friend! They had an awesome time, and really participated in the lesson. The teacher gave them copies of the Book of Mormon it was sooo cool. We fixed a RDV for this last Wednesday with Benjamin. Fast forward to this week, and we have our lesson with Benjamin. We asked how he liked The Book of Mormon, and he said that he had read the whole book of Moroni, as well as Mormon! He said that he felt it was true. We then taught the restoration, and everything was super well received. He shared some pretty cool personal spiritual experiences with us, and he expressed how he felt that he had found the right path. At the end of the Lesson, we invited him to be baptized and he said yet!!! He has a date for the 5th of July!!! He was so excited to learn that we fixed a RDV for the next day :). We went over the Restoration again, and had an awesome member there testifying. He said that he had prayed about The Book of Mormon, and feels that it is true. He is going to come to church this Sunday and meet the ward. We are so excited :D. There still is a long way to go, but I feel that Benjamin was really prepared to meet us.

Just an overall really awesome week. It really feels good to be teaching, and seeing the gospel change peoples lives. It has been said that with great spiritual experiences comes great opposition, and I have also seen a bit of that too. Me and my Companion met a man who really just didn't like us, and really just attacked us and our beliefs. He said some hurtful things, and said that we don't really follow Christ, and that we don't know him. This kindof put me in a funk for a bit, not going to lie.

However, in my personal studies the last few days, I have been able to find comfort in the scriptures. I have felt spiritual confirmation that Jesus is the Christ. He lived a perfect life, serving others all along the way. He suffered for our sins. In The Garden of Gesthenme, as well as on the Cross. He died for us. For me and for you. I know that on the third day, He rose again. He conquered death so that all of us can live again.
I also know that His church has been restored through the Prophet Joseph Smith. I know that with that all of the authority and orginization that existed in the time of Christ once again is found on earth. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. It is the word of God.

This knowledge has brought so much Joy to me and my family, and that is why I want to share it with others. I am so greatful for the opportunity to wear Christ's name on my chest every day, and to help others come unto him. I would not trade this for anything.

I love you all so much, you are great.

Have a great week!


Elder Duckworth

No comments:

Post a Comment