Monday, June 2, 2014

Merry Mother's Day

Originally sent May 12, 2014

Hello!

This week has been a fantastic week! Mother's day was great, and it was really good to hear from the family. I have such an appreciation for my Mother, and I have nothing for respect for Mothers, I definately couldn't do it.

This week was a lot of fun for me and Elder Dalton. We did a lot of hard work, and were able to see a lot of miracles. One that was really cool was that at the beginning of the week, we hadn't had much luck with fixing Rendez Vous. We felt a little discouraged, and we decided to try something new. We got out an old Chinese area book from when we had Chinese speaking Missionaries in Toulouse, as well as some of their language material, and decided to see if we could fix a Rendez vous in Chinese. We had some funny conversations for sure in all sorts of languages, but the miracle is that we acutally fixed a Rendez Vous out of it! It took 3 different languages, and a lot of help from the Lord, but we did it. His name is Caiyong, and we actually taught him twice, and have stayed in contact with him. It was a really cool little miracle.



In my studies this week, I read a lot about pride. Pride is one of the sins a lot of us are the most guilty of. I will be the first to admit that I let my pride get the best of me every now and again. It's hard. But in looking at the life of the Savior, he showed us a better way of living. He demonstrated that through meekness, humility, and service, we all can live on a higher level. Something I am doing, and I invite you to do as well, is to find ways to get rid of pride in our lives. I can promise that we will all be happier if we do this.

I love you all, have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment